Milonic provide full featured pull down web menus for some of the worlds largest companies
click here to see what it can do for you

Download Milonic DHTML Menu
Buy Milonic DHTML Menu

Back To Start Of Archive
Taken From The Forum: Archived Topics for the old Version 3.0 JavaScript Menu
Forum Topic: Click to view post
Last Updated: Wednesday July 18 2012 - 06:07:21

IE 6 problem

Poster: priyadayanand
Dated: Wednesday October 16 2002 - 16:41:42 BST


In the version IE 6.0.2800.1106 - The menu does not show up. And throws up a bunch of errors.

In the IE Version 6.0.2800.0000 - The menu does not show up either, although it does not throw up any errors.

Even the Menus on the Milonic Website does not show up!!!!!
It throws up an error saying that

Runtime Error has occured.
Line:50 Library not registered

Are there any solutions to this problem?

Poster: John
Dated: Wednesday October 16 2002 - 23:21:19 BST

I'm running 6.0.2800.1106 with no problems at all (at least not those you describe). Sounds like you might need a browser reinstall.

Library not registered

Poster: snapey
Dated: Thursday April 24 2003 - 0:09:24 BST

I have a visitor who cannot see the menus on my site.

returns: Line 49
Char 170
Error Library not registered
Code 0

This is using menu version 3.4.12

Also, no menus are displayed from

returns: Line 57
Char 169
Error Library not registered
Code 0

Machine is XP, and the IE6 details are:

Internet Explorer version 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.021108
updates Q324929 Q810847 Q813951

Anyone offer any help please?

Poster: John
Dated: Thursday April 24 2003 - 15:57:25 BST

Sorry, Scott, but I'm still not seeing any errors at all, either on the initial load or in running through all the menus individually. All work fine. Also, the fact that you're not seeing Andy's menus points to something other than the menu system itself. His demos all work.

There have been some SP updates for IE in the past few days. Make sure everything is up to date.

Still looking for a cure....

Poster: snapey
Dated: Thursday April 24 2003 - 19:18:39 BST

Who is scott?

:roll: You seem to have not taken the time to understand the problem.
Yes, of course the menu's on those sites work ok or I and Andy would have major problems. The point is, is that I have ONE person that has reported a problem to me, a problem that despite various efforts and applying all latest patches remains. I too have a machine with IE 6, and do not experience the error. It does not change the fact that my friend gets this error on every Milonic Menu site that he comes across.

:idea: Additional information:
I am not sure if the line number reported is the line within mmenu.js, but in both the cited versions the line number corresponds with the popup function.


Poster: clindh
Dated: Thursday April 24 2003 - 21:19:26 BST

I found this using Google ... 00135.html ... 00149.html

So, try removing the filter (fading effect and such)

Re: Still looking for a cure....

Poster: John
Dated: Thursday April 24 2003 - 22:09:29 BST

Who is scott?

No idea, Mark. Sorry 'bout that.
You seem to have not taken the time to understand the problem.

I think I did. Since it is only one person who is having the problem it seems logical that person has a problem on his machine, patches installed or not.

Is it a bug or isn't it?

Poster: snapey
Dated: Thursday April 24 2003 - 22:30:10 BST

By posting in the 'bug reports' section of the site, I didn't mean to imply that I thought this was a bug with the menu, I was just following the thread of someone with the identical fault.

Maybe finding a solution to the problem will make the menu more robust or at least poor webmasters such as myself may be able to get on with something more constructive than defending my choice of menu to clients.

Stop Press.. As I write this, great news!
Following the Excellent tip by CLINDH, I wrote to my customer:

Can you try the following commands:

Start, Run then enter : regsvr32 dxtmsft.dll

Start, Run then enter : regsvr32 dxtrans.dll

I am hoping that one of these commands will return an error indicating that the DLL is corrupted or not installed. If so, then I will come back with a repair method.

And he has just replied...

We can now both sleep in peace

I ran both commands as you asked

To my dismay they both reported registerserver succeeded

I therefore logged onto to give a report and to my absolute surprise the floating links bar appeared

I still have in the following set

Internet Options - Advanced, clear the checkbox "disable script debugging" and check "display a notification about every script error".
but no errors appeared

I visited No errors

Another site which reported errors was but again No errors

You have succeeded

Many thanks

So thanks to CLINDH, Google and Andy for spotting which DLL was involved.